Quality improvement is everyone’s business but it is the CGHS Board and senior management who need to provide the right environment and develop a culture that supports continuous improvement and innovation.
This why we are currently documenting our approach to continuous improvement through a Quality Improvement and Innovation Framework. The framework’s purpose is to describe how CGHS is working to embed continuous improvement and innovation within our organisation and develop a high performing positive culture.
Our core value with regard to quality is “excellence with the client at the centre”. To “live” our value we have been working hard to embed a quality culture across the organisation so that our clients’ experience of CGHS is characterised by the following:
- seamless, coordinated, integrated and timely provision of person centred care;
- capable individuals and teams working within structures and processes that support quality outcomes and continuous improvement;
- facilities and equipment that enable the provision of efficient, effective and sustainable service delivery; and
- a workforce that places a very high value on excellent customer service and client patient advocacy.
To achieve this requires a comprehensive response from the Board and senior management to provide an environment and a culture that supports a capable and engaged workforce.
Central to this objective is the development of a high performing positive culture which is both results driven and people focussed. It is also:
- Assertive and achievement focussed;
- Collaborative and decisive;
- Proactive and strategic;
- Innovative and engaging
- Optimistic and realistic
Frank Evans, Chief Executive Officer.