If you have a particular interest in smoking cessation, our CGHS Manager, Community Health and Partnerships, Ruth Churchill, wants to hear from you.
CGHS has been recognised by the Victorian Government for successfully meeting state-wide benchmarks for smoking in efforts to create a healthy workplace. The Achievement Program benchmarks met in 2016 included:
- All CGHS campuses are smokefree
- Signage audit and policy review conducted
- Staff trained as QUIT Educators
- QUIT courses being offered free of charge for staff with access to free nicotine replacement therapy
- Ongoing education and support provided
Ruth said this year, CGHS wanted to broaden the focus of Smoking Cessation to include strategies from the CGHS 2020 Health Plan related to supporting smoking cessation for both staff and patients/clients.
Potential areas of focus during 2017 include:
- Pregnant women and mothers of young children
- Patients/clients with cardiovascular conditions and those undergoing cancer or dental treatment
- Prior to elective surgery
- Patients attending emergency department
“If you work with patients/clients in these service areas and you have a particular interest in smoking cessation, please consider joining the CGHS Smoking Cessation Working Group?” Ruth said.
For more details or to express your interest, contact Ruth on extension 98839 or firstname.lastname@example.org